WHAT IS EHLERS DANLOS
As a condition that affects the connective tissues (skin, joints, and blood vessels), Ehlers-Danlos can cause overly flexible joints, as well as abnormally flexible and fragile skin. Typically, this syndrome becomes an issue if an individual with the condition undergoes a procedure that requires stitches, as the skin is not durable enough to support them. Additionally, it can cause significant abdominal wall laxity. At our Beverly Hills, CA practice, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jaime Schwartz performs abdominoplasty with specialized techniques in order to help correct the side effects of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. During a thorough consultation, Dr. Schwartz will evaluate the specific characteristics of your Ehler-Danlos condition before creating a customized procedure plan to yield optimal results. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, contact our office in Beverly Hills.
Ehlers-Danlos can occur in different forms, but the most common symptoms are exceptionally stretchy skin, fragile skin, and joints that are overly flexible. This may cause the skin to heal abnormally, especially following a procedure that requires sutures, as well as joint pain. Individuals with the vascular type of Ehlers-Danlos may also experience weakened aortas, uterine walls, and/or large intestines. In severe cases, rupture of blood vessels can occur.
EHLERS DANLOS REVIEWS
- R.L. / Google / Feb 07, 2019
- T.R. / Facebook / Sep 30, 2020
- M.M. / Facebook / Feb 02, 2021
- H.S. / Facebook / Feb 11, 2021
- H.S. / Google / Feb 09, 2021
Because of the issues with skin laxity, many Beverly Hills patients with Ehlers-Danlos seek to be treated by a plastic surgeon. There is no cure for Ehler-Danlos syndrome, but with proper treatment symptoms can be managed. If pursuing plastic surgery, it's important to find a board certified plastic surgeon that understands the disease as many issues can occur if not treated properly. Because of the issues with skin laxity, many patients with Ehlers-Danlos seek to be treated by a plastic surgeon. Dr. Jaime Schwartz has developed minimally invasive techniques such as LipoLift® to minimize risk to tissue and joint complications with Ehlers-Danlos patients.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Every Ehlers-Danlos patient is different, before your appointment take note of your questions and concerns so your doctor and thoroughly assess the symptoms you are experiencing
- Dr. Jaime Schwartz expects joint flexibility, skin elasticity, and medical history through questions and a thorough examination
- If you are a candidate for plastic surgery, a customized plan will be made for your treatment. A full blood panel and medical clearance will needed before any surgery is preformed.
GET HELP TODAY
Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Jaime Schwartz has built an entire surgical treatment system for his Ehlers-Danlos patients. If you have any questions give us a call when you're ready, we'd love to help.