Though labiaplasty generally produces desirable results, there are some instances in which you may be unhappy with the outcome of your procedure. In most cases, less than ideal outcomes are the result of unqualified physicians performing the procedure, but they can also occur due to a miscalculation or improper aftercare. Whatever the reason for your dissatisfaction, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jaime Schwartz can perform a labiaplasty revision to correct the area and help you receive the results you initially longed for. To learn more, contact our Beverly Hills, CA facility to schedule a consultation with Dr. Schwartz.
There are several instances in which you could be unhappy with your results from a previous labiaplasty. Some of these factors may include:
- An excess amount of tissue was removed during the labiaplasty
- Not enough tissue was removed during the initial labiaplasty
- The labia have become asymmetrical
- A small irregularity or “polyp” has developed
- A scar needs to be straightened
- A prominent edge needs to be smoothed
The exact techniques used during a labiaplasty revision may vary based on the amount and type of correction required. During your initial consultation, Dr. Schwartz will work to understand your concerns and create a procedure plan based on your needs and goals. Some of the more common techniques used in labia revision surgery are:
- Adding tissue by grafting from the base of the vaginal opening or from the top of the clitoral hood
- Removing more tissue with either a linear trim or V-wedge technique
- Revising the scar created during the original surgery if it was uneven or healed improperly
LABIAPLASTY REVISION REVIEWS
- B.E. / Google / Sep 16, 2020
- M.M. / Facebook / Feb 02, 2021
- T.R. / Facebook / Sep 30, 2020
- H.S. / Facebook / Feb 11, 2021
- H.S. / Google / Feb 09, 2021
The recovery process for labiaplasty revision will be similar to that of the initial procedure. Since Dr. Schwartz utilizes the Schwartz Rapid Recuperation™ Technique, patients can expect quicker recovery times with decreased discomfort. It is recommended that you refrain from stretching the area, rubbing the area with tight clothing, and engaging in sexual intercourse for about two weeks following your revision procedure. Dr. Schwartz will provide you with any additional aftercare instructions to ensure that you heal properly and quickly.
RECEIVE YOUR DESIRED RESULTS
Though it is always ideal to receive your desired results through an initial procedure, this is not always the case. Therefore, Dr. Schwartz is able to offer labiaplasty revision to correct any concerns you may have after a previous labiaplasty. To learn more about this revision procedure, contact our Beverly Hills, CA facility to schedule a consultation.